Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Candy Turkeys

Well, I wasn't able to teach today, but I heard it was a lot of fun! Thank you, thank you, thank you to Aubrey for letting us come to her house!

One thing I wanted to do today for the letter T, but realized there just wasn't enough time is to make candy turkeys with the kids. These are really fun and a great thing to keep the kiddos busy while Thanksgiving dinner is cooking!

For each turkey you need:

1 large gumdrop, or candy orange slice (slice them with a knife to make it easier to stick candy corns in)

3 small gumdrops

3-4 candy corns

1-2 toothpicks broken up into smaller pieces

Here is a picture from a previous year. I know this picture is terrible, but it was the best I had. I think you get the idea. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!


2 comments:

Kylee said...

Such cute little turkeys! I will for sure have to make some of those!

Unknown said...

Fun! I'll post about today with pictures tomorrow! It turned out well!